View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 06:16 PM   #13
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

The first time I got hunted down and killed by another player in Ultima Online.

I was your typical Neophyte Swordsman, just trying to make my way killing deer and skinning them for hides south of Trinsic, crafting leather armor and selling it to the vendors in town. As every new player did, I carried my lifes work in my pack, including a dye tub, my starter book and some arrow shafts I didn't know what to do with. Along came this knightly looking guy in full plate armor, but his name was red. Why is his name red? Then the words popped up over my head "_____ is attacking you!" and my heart literally skipped a beat.

My pulse was racing as I tried to run away through the jungle, obviously my 45 HP wasn't going to hold up to his Energy Bolts and Heavy Crossbow. Eventually I fell. I stood there in ghost form watching him loot my corpse still trying to figure out what had happened. I remember him saying "Why the hell do you have a dye tub?" before throwing it on the ground and then walking away.

Great times.