Old 02-14-2020, 03:36 PM   #46
soulchoice
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
JG-SM-EL
AM-MB-MT

To me, this is certainly the best arrangement at this moment, but I really think it is a short-term solution that actually prevents the team from evolving into a true contender (which might be to stay from taking one step back before two steps forward). Ie. These lines are good enough to get into the playoffs, but never any further.

I would have really liked to see Derek Ryan with JG/SM instead of Backlund.

The great news is that Tkachuk produces results no matter who his linemates are, but I worry his potential isn't being fully tapped. I'm just ready for Tkachuk and Lindholm to be deployed as the true #1 line, with Johnny and Monny being used somewhat more strategically.
The only problem which I see with Derek Ryan on the wing with JG/SM is he isn’t the type of player to go and retrieve a puck on a dump in. Especially with his size and all. Someone like EL is able to do that has he has the ability to use his body a bit more against an opposing dman to get the puck for a cycle off the rush.

I think as a centre Ryan and JG work well together though as Centres generally aren’t used to retrieve dump ins as they are usually the last ones to exist a defensive zone for forwards.
soulchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soulchoice For This Useful Post: