View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 10:26 AM   #35
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylock shox View Post
That's a great article.

I think a lot of people who don't like Trudeau would read that and concede that, as much as they don't love the guy, he's the right guy for right now. Canada's brand is looking awfully good these days.
Agreed. I'm not his biggest fan, but did vote Liberal the last election. He's slowly growing on me. The fact that the US and other countries around the world are jealous we have him as our leader is icing on the cake. Even if you don't like him, it's hard to argue he's not the ''right'' person for the job right now.

I loved the bit in the article about how when a Canadian is abroad and people find out where they are from, it's pretty much instant respect and they see you as someone who can help, not someone there to take. I've experienced that on many occasions on my past couple trips, in particular my most recent one a couple weeks ago where I was told in a couple different countries how lucky we are to have Trudeau representing us and not the orange guy. Most people love Canadians when they meet us abroad, and Trudeau is the poster boy for that.

Overall a great article, and it gives me the warm tingly feeling of being proud to be Canadian.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote