View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 02:34 PM   #1041
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
Zero points, because they did not happen to score a goal in the 16 minutes they played together. GranteedEV covered that.

But yeah, you got him good. Clearly every line that goes 16 whole minutes without scoring a goal is a failure and needs to be fired into the sun.
You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either 16 minutes is too small of a sample size to show something or it isn't.

Why does the relative corsi matter in 16 minutes but actual production doesn't?

I'm even partial to the idea that Bennett might not be half bad if he had some decent linemates around him.

He's using his post to disagree with another poster that they did in fact work based on the corsi, and that if Bennett's linemates could travel through time and be different players that the 16 minutes they spent together would've produced goals and points.

So which is it? This is the same thing in my opinion as pointing to a preseason game to illustrate what a player can do even though he has 200+ regular season games to choose from.

I'm not saying Bennett is Rob schremp but maybe if the best indication of a players offensive game is the preseason, they don't have a remarkable resume of being an offensive player.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote