View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 02:11 PM   #68
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
Maybe the Wiim Airplay into a DAC of your choice and then into your Onkyo using RCA.

Or just the Wiim into your Onkyo via RCA. The Wiim uses your wifi internet or ethernet so it doesn't lose anything. Using a good DAC might make a marginal difference.
The only thing I noticed about entry level Wiim is that I didn't notice a way to play your own music via USB or otherwise.

For around $150-400, setting up a raspberry Pi DAC and loading it with Volumio or Moode OS might be worth considering. You can play your own music via USB, you have some casting abilities with a few streaming platforms (ie: From your phone and select the DAC to cast to as you could for a smart speaker). I think both also have web interfaces that you can use from a computer for phone to swap between using streaming services and local music options.

Raspberry Pi DAC I looked into previously were Hifiberry, Allo, IQAudio. I had the Allo Boss with Volumio and I was very happy with it.

You'd want to research the DAC combo options as well as the OS interface options.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: