View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 10:39 AM   #10
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
I've never not gotten a job where I can walk into a business and shake the owner's hand. My whole life has been; walk in, introduce myself, chat, interview, stay at job for half a decade or more.

I've been looking since Christmas for something in Cochrane or Northwest Calgary, or anything with pay that would make added commute worth it. It's all online. All off-site. No actual person to talk to. The lack of response has been the hardest part. Easily a hundred resumes, and one interview. Putting a lot of attention into making every application perfect.

The jobs I'm applying to have gone from career material, to parallel move, to I'm overqualified, to minimum wage local. It's disheartening. I would do an oil and gas job. I don't have any experience in that field, but have administration experience and am not afraid to get my hands dirty. If there is a secret handshake, I'm a quick learner.
I hear this big time.

Interviewing with some soulless HR drone that even if hired you'll never encounter again, instead of someone that actually has a clue what the job is about and what they're looking for
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote