Thread: NHL 13 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #16
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

Mostly I play 12 in Be A Pro. The other game I play is NBK2K12 and their My Pro is LIGHT YEARS better than EA's Be A Pro.

EA needs to rip the following things off of 2K sports for their Be A Pro:

In-Game Skill Points. When I make a good play I want to be instantly rewarded with skill points, when I make a bad play I want to lose them. I'm sick of playing a solid game, scoring two points and getting a total of 50 skill points without any indication of where or how I gained or lost points.

Reasonable Coaching Decisions. I'm the #1 goal scorer in the league and I get zero PP time and never see the in Overtime. That drives me bonkers.

Post-Game Press-Conferences. Maybe the best feature of 2K12's My Pro. After the game there is a press conference where you're asked a question about either the game or a milestone you reached or something. You have 4 choices of how to respond to it and the way you respond affects your standing with 1. Your Teammates 2. Local Fans and 3. League-Wide Fans. This leads to the following:

Team-Mate Chemistry. Based on "team-play" scores and your press-conference responses your Chemistry score goes up and down. If you have better chemistry your team actually functions better, and if you have lower chemistry they keep the ball out of your hands in clutch situations.

Trade Requests/Who's Interested in Me. I want some modicum of control over my relationship with the Franchise other than at contract time. If I hate the team I'm on I want to be able to request a trade. I also want to know who's interested in acquiring my services.

Reasonable Career Goals. Sure, it's great to shoot for the Gretzky/Orr records, but I'd like to see some benchmarks in between 100 goals and 898 goals. Reward a guy for getting 500/500, playing 1000 games, or consecutive 30-goal seasons.

Off-season improvement. This is a big one for younger players. Give me some freaking skill points to spend at the beginning of each season! Younger athletes get BETTER from year-to-year. They work out in the off season! They have trainers! They get bigger and older!

Endorsements. In 2k12 when you get drafted, the team throws up a billboard with you on it, you can go look at it. When you get good, you get put on the cover of Sports Illustrated and get sent a copy. When you get great, Jordan contacts you and designs some custom shoes for you. Little perks like this feel fantastic.

Skate With the Cup. I can't remember where I read it, but someone posted this on a message board and it's a brilliant idea. When you win the cup you should get to skate around the ice with it. Like, actually control your skater, look up at the cup, look around, savour the moment. It's the Stanley-Cup for crying out loud.

The gameplay and physics of NHL12 I'm totally happy with - except the goalie interference garbage - that can be pretty much left alone as far as I'm concerned. It's the game-modes that I want to see improved. From the sounds of it Be a GM needs work too.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to driveway For This Useful Post: