View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 12:20 PM   #2311
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

To me, on defense my list is shorter. Orr, Harvey, Lidstrom, I might be tempted to add Shore to the list.

Why were they generational, because they impacted the game and changed it, they were head and shoulders above anyone else in their generation.

Orr one of the strongest two way defensemen in his time, elite offensively and defensively. Took puck rushing to a level never seen before. Nobody in his generation could skate, shoot, defend and kick the crap out of people like Orr

Harvey - A incredibly complete and cerebral blueliner. Could rush the puck like nobody else in his age, but was so good defensively. Off the chart physical skills.

Lidstrom - I think it goes without saying that when you think of the outright best blueliner of his generation his is really the only name that comes up. Ate the clock, offensively elite and defensively elite. Never left the ice. Had a clutch factor.

Shore - Tough remorseless, absolutely vicious and feared. He was also one of the first offensive defensemen in an age where defensemen never left their half of the ice. An elite skater and body checker, his corner of the world is where you went to to die, and he almost killed Ace Bailey with a vicious but at the time clean hip check.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: