View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 06:55 PM   #1082
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was camping on the weekend and didn't have any books so read one of my wife's on productivity from a feminist prospective. Essentially it boiled down to don't do stuff you don't value. But it was also interwoven with the challenges women face. What came to be as I was reading this is that the author was from the second most privelidged group in history. The white daughter of a 1%er married household with parents with masters degrees or higher.

So when Peterson talks to the white children of the 20%-60% he is talking to a group that doesn't have the power that academics apply to their race and gender. So while they are more privileged than there female or minority person in the same class the members of the upper class regardless of race or gender will out perform them. That American class chart shows this quite well.

So my thought was are the critics of Pederson more priveledged than the clients of Peterson. And then are they using their position of priveldge to attempt to limit the opportunities of a group?
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post: