View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 09:40 AM   #130
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Yet again, Pepsifree tries to take it upon himself to declare outright, as if it were self-evident, who the intellectual heavyweights are and aren't, in a variety of areas on which he himself has no expertise. When is it going to get through to you that you're not competent to make these types of claims?

Why not take his actual position and point out the flaws in it and the scholarship he doesn't acknowledge?
For one, the hypocrisy of your declaration on who is and who is not competent enough to make claims on the competence of other is not lost on anybody. How does one gain competence? By educating themselves and listening to the teachings of educated others.

Please, engage in a modicum of self-awareness before engaging in another childish authoritarian rant about who is competent enough to make judgements on the competence of others. Not only is it hypocritical, but it treads dangerously close to an ad hominem that’s simply meant to shut down free speech.

Further, if you read the rest of the articles (including the article that quote was pulled from) you’ll see they do just what you request. Enjoy it, or don’t, nobody is making you be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_eoj View Post
If those are the *best* refutations of Peterson's positions he must be nearly perfect in his thinking. Only one article really even tries to even form a counterargument, and it's spurious at best. I'll have to listen to even more of Peterson if he's this influential.
Knock your socks off. If you only saw one counterargument in all of those articles, you either didn’t read them, or, well, I don’t know. Either way I’m not concerned about you consuming loads of Peterson based on how much you got from those articles.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote