View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 04:10 PM   #40
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

He said "disgreeable" which I thought was an interesting choice of words compared to aggressive, and it had a purpose.

You can disagree politely and stand your ground without coming across aggressive. Some of the most successful people I know (men and women) employ what some of us in my circle of workers call the "velvet hammer".

They are entirely polite, usually but not always diplomatic, but tenacious and quite willing to take a different point of view. Sometimes they are your superior, sometimes your peer, but even sometimes your junior and they're climbing and they know it, because they are conscientious and they know what they're doing.

They almost never raise their voice, almost never press in a seemingly hard way, but you need to be a good listener to succeed around them and respond appropriately. If they don't get their way, they don't over react, but if it turns out they were right, you remember it.

That being said, yes there are some females in my travels downtown Calgary who have been labeled a bitch. But far more men that have been labeled complete #######s.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kjesse For This Useful Post: