View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 02:18 PM   #84
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Steam Whistle View Post
I won't count the playoffs as a lock until the X is next to our name, but right now, I'd say my biggest concern is making sure St. Louis / Nashville doesn't pass us for the first wild card spot.

The team should be focused on doing everything it can to finish 2nd in the division, but at the end of the day, I think based on how we've been playing, we just want to ensure we get a Pacific division team in the first round. Despite our troubles in Anahiem, I think this Flames team has a pretty good chance at beating any of the Pacific foes, at the very least I feel much better about it than having to face the Hawks in round one. Like us, the Hawks have been among the best teams in the league in the back half, and will easily be the hardest out of any of the options we have for a first round match up.

With St.Louis' softball schedule, and our tougher one, maintaining the 1st WC spot at a minimum is pretty key IMO.
Agreed.

Finishing 4th in the division doesn't concern me at all - I don't think the Sharks are a tougher opponent than Anaheim. The real key is avoiding the Hawks.

And just for clarity, for the Flames to finish 8th, BOTH the Blues and the Preds have to pass us. One of them (the one with the better record) will get 3rd in the Central, so we simply have to stay ahead of the one that loses that race.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post: