View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 03:44 PM   #63
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
If you go to a courthouse to fight the ticket, you'll probably at least get a pity reduction, just explain that you think the ticket is too expensive for someone in your situation and that you think the officer was egregious in how they decided to enforce the law. Could save you 50% if not thrown out.
Yeah, I would say if it is a non-speeding, or nothing overly reckless or endangering, go to the court house and explain. Both times I tried, I had the ticket reduced.

If it isn't out of your way, it's worth the effort. The worst that happens is they say no.

I went to traffic court in Lethbridge before and the judge wasn't having pity on anyone, so I would avoid that. Except for when Lethbridge's racism was fully on display. There were about 15-20 natives there fighting j-walking tickets. The first couple were called up, and said that they were ticketed for crossing downtown near the bus station. People j-way there all day long, white and brown. The judge let them off and asked who else was there for j-walking, and all the natives put the hands up and the judge told them to go home and lambasted the police officer in court who handed out all the tickets.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 02-26-2021 at 03:46 PM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote