View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #3668
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
I agree with most of that. Dion was terrible, Rae plays the game well but I think he's still a bit of lefty. I think Ignatieff would've done pretty well as a PM (better than Harper), but was never given a fair shot because voters were still hell-bent on punishing the Liberals for sponsorship and Dion (much like I think Redford is bearing the brunt of Stelmach's mis-steps, yet would probably lead a better government than Smith).

I don't see a need to restrict the comparison to Harper and Chretien majorities... wouldn't Paul Martin's minority government be a fair comparison? He didn't increase spending 40% in that time, did he? Yet Harper was forced to because he had a minority? Doesn't hold up. But if we're going to wait, I think Harper will look worse. It'll take time before we start seeing the impacts of the omni-bus crime bill, for instance, but we can predict that they won't be good based on the experiences of other jurisdictions.
Ignatieff couldn't even control his party let alone run a election, he was a utter disaster, he would have probably been a lousy Prime Minister.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote