Thread: Star Wars
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 12:48 PM   #411
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So I was at Chapters and I picked up the book Dooku. The premise was that it was going to follow Dooku from the time he was an initiate until he left the Order. Its told from the viewpoint of Ventress who is on a mission for her master to track down his sister.

First of all, its a little different because its written like a script or screenplay which means you're getting the base physical description, and just the lines from the character. Once you get use to it, its ok, but it was different.

The concept of how Dooku fell to the Darkside and rose as a Sith Lord has always been an interesting story hole in the books and comics. This book fills in the gap as we see Dooku going from a very kind friendly jedi with a streak of rebellion to a bitter and disillusioned Jedi Master who had a seat on the dark council

I was hoping to see an interaction between Sidious and Dooku that lead to him joining the Sith, but the story doesn't go that far.

You also get a lot more sympathy for Ventress, who knows she's a slave, knows her Sith Master doesn't love her, and is especially haunted by the events that made her fall to the darkside.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote