View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #2289
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Warnings on debt keep ringing in like crazy and Canadians are happily ignoring it.

Sounds like most markets in Canada are starting to see the start of a slump. Certainly Toronto/Vancouver sales numbers and price are big in the news. People in Calgary still spending more in contrast to most other markets.

I think they held this same panel a few months ago, interesting how the tone has changed:

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/ID/2281458681/?page=2
I just have the impression that there is no pleasing you with this information. I think most posters here would say that (a) Calgary is in a different position than most of the others in that chart and (b) Toronto and Vancouver are both over-priced. This basically shows that, and shows signs of a softening in the Vancouver market and you still have the chicken little position.

The reality is that the softened market in Toronto and Vancouver are good news stories. If (as many predict) the bubble is more a balloon with values decreasing gradually its much better than a sudden bursting. (Although for your dire predictions this case might not be ideal). As far as Calgary being different, it just is. We have a wide range of factors that are different from other cities on that list, including but not limited to oil.

Just for the sake of old times though, can you remind me how many years we're behind the US again?
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: