View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 08:50 PM   #56
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulchoice View Post
The only problem which I see with Derek Ryan on the wing with JG/SM is he isn’t the type of player to go and retrieve a puck on a dump in. Especially with his size and all. Someone like EL is able to do that has he has the ability to use his body a bit more against an opposing dman to get the puck for a cycle off the rush.

I think as a centre Ryan and JG work well together though as Centres generally aren’t used to retrieve dump ins as they are usually the last ones to exist a defensive zone for forwards.
This is fair, there is no doubt Lindholm is superior; my mindset was Backlund vs. Ryan in that role...despite his slightly smaller stature, I think Ryan would have been better suited. I do think Lindholm is currently at his most effective at RW, but I think a short-cut to contention for this team would be him blossoming the same way at C...it should be easier to fill top 6 wing slots than C spots..

I suppose my hot-take is that I think Tkachuk is already a better and more versatile playmaker than Gaudreau...I'd like to see him with the better finisher down the middle.

Mangi-Monny-Tkachuk
Gaudreau-Backlund-Lindholm

The counter-attack threat of Johnny flying the zone might be more effective at destabilizing offences when the other 2 forwards are elite-defensively. It's a bit counter-intuitive, but I'd be interested to see it.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote