View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 08:17 AM   #604
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My 5 year old is really really into Lego these days, as I've noted throughout this forum on our recent purchases. He has built himself a full table downstairs of his version of what the Kennedy Space Center looks like, complete with the Saturn V we built. But we haven't really bought him a set he can call his own (Saturn V, Ferrari, Bugatti..). So we were at the Lego Store in Winnipeg last week, and he saw the new Hidden Side line. Intrigued, he started asking questions to the sales girl and us. The sales girl was excellent at telling him the back story, and what it can do after you put it together, the app, etc. He was so enthralled.

I ended up caving, and getting him the flagship toy from that line, the high school. I let him decide, putting the high school, the school bus, and the shrimp shack all in front of him, and he sat there for 5-10 minutes going along each one, and then finally deciding. It came with a free Hidden Side Juice Bar, which he build all by my himself in the back of the car on the drive home.

About 30% through the build on his own, he's loving every minute of it. Constantly showing my new things about it, all the hidden things in the build etc. The only thing I've helped with are the elastic band parts. He's also made up his mind what he wants for Christmas.... lol (The school bus)

https://www.lego.com/en-ca/product/n...atch_All_Brand

Spoiler!

Last edited by manwiches; 09-19-2019 at 08:21 AM.
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to manwiches For This Useful Post: