View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 05:24 AM   #160
foofighter15
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
Jan.19:

Pelletier's Wildcats played Zavgorodniy's Oceanic. Pelletier was third star with the game-winner, an assist,+3. Zav had 2 goals.

Pelletier had 3 assists in 2 games on Sunday and Monday, while Zav had a goal in one game on sunday.

Wolf had a 10 save shutout(you're reading it right)as Everett beat Moose Jaw 6-0.Christiansen was pointless, +2.
I went to the game last night and both of our boys looked great. The arena was sold out and buzzing, everyone hyped up to see Lafreniere but he was barely noticeable. Pelltier stole the show, and Zav was the most dangerous for Rimouski.

Pelltier reminded me of Doug Gilmour. He was relentless on the puck, played both PP and PK and was easily the most noticeable player out there. Despite being a LW, positionally he seemed to play centre, which lead to him being in the right place at the right time over and over. I cannot wait to see him in a Flames jersey. This kid is going to be good if he can bring it during big games like he did last night.

One of the best parts of the night was listening to the arena announcer try and pronounce Zav's last name....that is a tongue twister. He was easily the most deadly player for Rimouski. Very stealthy on the PP, which seemed to be focused on finding him the cross ice one timer. His play made me think of St. Louis. He's pretty small so we'll see if his game translates to the NHL, but his skill and hockey IQ seem to be off the charts.
foofighter15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to foofighter15 For This Useful Post: