View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 11:14 PM   #15
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Jeez did anyone die?

Ok the Minta has just left the ship yard and is definitely taking on a boxy cruiser shape. I've started a strategy of scouting ahead one system for energy rod material and then returning to the last section to leisurely mine resources and ship derelicts.

I've added an additional engine getting to four now. I'm not building power generators. I'lll design a section and power it with 4 solar panels or so independantly with capacitors.

I've added the med bay, and on the left side there's a two turret weapons array powered by solar but linked to a generator for power boost. I also put a small storage bin in the gun section to locally store energy cells. I've added a scanner and Shield generator all solar powered as well. I've stumbled on two new crew members. Otto is a super soldier type with 6 bravery and an IQ of 1. Jackson is a superior botanist miner which helps.

(Make sure you set priorities for your people by the way if you haven't.

Not much more to build. I'm going to build a port side weapons array with 2 more turrets and four solar cells. I'm going to add an additional shuttle. I'm still short a hyperchamber, so I'm going to build that as well. Now that I'm manufacturing everything, blocks etc, I'm not stripping scrap so stripping abandoned ships is quick.

I would like to move the crew quarters and kitchen to a bigger space and give them some luxuries. As well.

Then the last thing I'll do is expand the engine room with two more engines, and 2 turrets on each side. If you look at my latest engine on the bottom right its fully solar powered with two cells.

I'm probably going to build a small four person all in one kitchen rest area brig.

Oh just a tip. If you capture pirates you do have to imprison them and convince them to join your side. You can also designate areas of the ship as prisoner areas. So make sure you designate your med bay as a prison area.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote