View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 04:12 PM   #20
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I actually think this sadly increases the chances Kawhi heads to the Lakers more than it locks him into Toronto. And he becomes the new KD ruining the league, although he'll be far more hated than KD because of it being the Lakers.
Does LA have the moolah though? Personally I think he’ll sign in Toronto for a couple years. But I do get mixed signals that are hard to read into. With Magic Johnson talking to him I’d think that means something to him as a kid growing up in the region (though in fairness Magic leaving has shown that place is a fine show). Then there’s Kawhi spending time in Niagara after the playoffs which could be seen as enjoying the area or taking it in before he leaves. Then you had the tweet someone posted where they came across his uncle in the airport and they got their kid to ask uncle about Kawhi staying to which the uncle responded to the kid, “where would the surprise be in that?” You gotta think his heart says LA but logically playing with LeBron is pure drama. I don’t see how that could end well unless LeBron retires.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote