View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 11:52 AM   #47
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post
I'm very surprised how many people there are that are interested in classic but didn't play Nostalrius. Maybe a marketing/word of mouth thing?

Nostalrius was a private server for Vanilla. It lasted for 14 months in 2015/2016 and led to classic being released now because of its popularity (after it got shut down there were petitions to Blizzard - either give an alternative or private vanilla servers will keep popping up).

As someone who played in high school for an absurd amount of hours, it was surprising how well you could fit in a reasonable amount of hours per week and still level/raid/PVP. I did an honor grind (which got awful in the end) and my friend did a lot of raiding.

The nostalgia is definitely there. The game will never be the same as it was in high school (all your friends playing all summer), including that first feeling of entering a massive world and seeing the map and other players everywhere. But it still holds up as a great, challenging, addicting game.

I won't be subscribing to classic but will probably play a little bit with my high school friends who have hopped back on.
IMO its because of the uncertainty that devoted so much time to a character with the possibility of losing it if the server s were ever shut down.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post: