View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 01:36 PM   #1
foshizzle11
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default Fishing - Everything Fishing!

I didn't see a thread that was already started so here it is.

I am kind of new to fly fishing in Calgary but I am very excited about it. My spouse and I bought new fly rods this year because spin casting just wasn't working for us.

Anyway, long story short I would love to find out more about good spots around town, in the Bow, nice spots for fly fishing, etc and maybe some info on how the flood has made some positive changes since 2013.

We live off glenmore and deerfoot, so we will be down in that area a lot during the week and that whole area is brand new looking since the flood. Lots of people fly fishing, so I guess it is a good spot under the bridge down there.

We are also going out to Vancouver Island and will be all over the north end of the island particularly. We will be in the Campbell river area and all the way up to Port Hardy. We will be spending a couple of days in the Campbell river area to fish on the Quinsam and the Campbell to do some fly fishing. We will be up on Port Hardy to do some halibut and hopefully salmon fishing. It should be a good trip, but I was wondering if anyone can suggest some good rivers to fish in those areas? We will be visiting a couple of stocked lakes as well. I am positive we will catch something.

It should be an exciting spring/summer of fishing!

Anyway, thanks in advance for contributing and adding to the thread.

Last edited by foshizzle11; 01-18-2016 at 03:31 PM. Reason: no date needed.
foshizzle11 is offline   Reply With Quote