View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 09:27 AM   #41
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

“When I first started playing with Mark Knowles [in 1995] that was my best season and when I felt I was a top player,” Nestor told ATPWorldTour.com. “It was kind of sporadic. I'd had big wins with Sebastian Lareau, some good tournaments but confidence wise it took longer in singles than in doubles. When I played against the best players I felt confident immediately.”

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/news/...h-wins-tribute

His greatest success has come with four partners: Knowles (464 wins, 40 titles, including three majors); Nenad Zimonjic (227 wins, 27 titles, including three majors); Max Mirnyi (90 wins, eight titles, including two majors) and his compatriot Lareau (60 wins, five titles, including the 2000 Sydney Olympics gold medal). He has lifted 88 doubles titles overall – third in the all-time list.

“It’s an incredible achievement,” Knowles told ATPWorldTour.com. “He has had a remarkably long career and has been able to achieve tremendous success throughout. I was fortunate to be on the same side of the net with Daniel for so many of those victories. He continues to adapt to a changing environment and finds motivation where others might not. One thousand wins is nothing short of spectacular. Congratulations!"
The Following User Says Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post: