View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 02:06 PM   #6
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Personally, I did not think I had ADHD because I never had any of the hyperactivity symptoms. But I've been dealing with some intense anxiety lately, working with a therapist, and investigating my inability to effectively deal with that anxiety, and through that I've learned that I have a type of ADHD (inattentive-type) that is very different from my perception of what ADHD was. I can see the pattern of it all through my life, back to how I approached school-work at a young age.

It's always been mostly manageable (sometimes through bad habits), but I think I'm probably lucky that I dodged any really extreme anxiety-inducing incidents in my life until now, as the ADHD and the anxiety have a tendency to spiral out of control and feed off each other if not handled well. But like you, I've found that some of those other related mental tendencies like creative-thinking and appetite for consuming new, not relevant knowledge and organizing in my mind, have had a tremendously positive effect on my life.

Anyway, I'm happy with my current therapy approach, and am glad that you've shared your experience and are finding some success in dealing with it as well!
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post: