View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 05:13 PM   #42
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

In the continued effort to brain wash my son into being a Flames fan I took him to the Rogers Hometown Hockey event this morning. (To save you folks looking up where it is this week, Sydney NS).

Sadly there was very little Flames content. Zero players featured. A Lego knock off figure in a Flames jersey was about it.

He still loved it. His favorite booths were the ones where he could use a hockey stick and shoot pucks.

As we were waiting my 4 year old's turn at the hardest shot booth there were some 13ish year old boys tauntingeach other and goofing off while at the booth. Nothing bad, just teenaged boys being teenaged boys. Until, the guy in front of us took his stick, turned to my son, handed him the stick and asked if he wanted to try, letting my kid go ahead of him.

Then all the boys cheered whenever my kid took a shot. Honestly it was one of the best parts of the day.

That and chatting former Hab Mike MacPhee who was awesome. He showed us his Stanley Cup ring and pointed out that he beat the Flames in the finals to win it. I said to my kid "now that wasn't very nice was it" to which Mike let out a hearty laugh before letting my son know that Lanny MacDonald beat him in 1989 when the Flames won.

If that wasn't enough, the brainwashing was truly setting in as tonight after supper my kid went up to my wife/his mom and said "eenie, meanie, miney, mo, Calgary's C (points to the logo on the jersey he was wearing) is on a roll!" No idea where he got that from, but love it.

So, good vibes for tonight. Good vibes.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post: