View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 06:38 PM   #50
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
General comment #2: Looks like teams really don't look at this stuff that you are going on about and getting so terribly upset over to the point that you are having tantrums and calling people stupid.
I did neither of those things. If anyone's throwing a tantrum, it's you - look how angry and offended you're getting. Hell, three times in that post you accuse me of calling you stupid. Please feel free to quote where I did that - I'll save you the time; you won't find it.

What I did do was hand-wave away a lot of what you're saying because it's the same tired old nonsense that's been peddled by the people who don't really understand how the stats work (and can't be bothered) for over a decade, and I don't really feel like having that debate again. It's boring, and pretty pointless, particularly at a time when every team in the league has an analytics department and Ray Shero is getting fired for (reportedly) not being able to get on board with what Tyler Dellow thinks the Devils should be doing. We're like two steps away from Eric Tulsky being a GM. This whole debate about the usefulness of these measurements has been over for years.

It's all probably a moot point anyway, because if the NHL is (as they promise) actually implementing the tracking technology they demonstrated at the All Star Game and making all of that raw data available, there's not going to be any need for most of these stats any more, as early as next season.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote