View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 03:52 AM   #68
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by To Be Quite Honest View Post
In fact, when you think about it, the journey from episode 1 to 177 was about how to fix House. He started a miserable SOB, was an SOB through all the episodes, had a bunch of people try to fix him and in the end he diagnosed himself...
Plus the one guy he couldn't fix was his best friend. And he had to learn to cope.

Duh? Obviously cliche?

I think there is a bit of too much reading in, because the series has gone in a few different directions they didn't expect. A few characters left that had to be written out unexpectedly, and there were a few cheats a long the way.

To say there was a plan from the beginning or even along the way would probably be incorrect.

But there are few shows that can say that. Lost is a perfect example. Just winging it but pretending there is a plan.

The characters they did create though made it so they could tie things in, and it was a satisfactory conclusion.

In the end it was about great acting and some great back and forths between characters. It was one of the most formulaic shows on TV and I'm not sure there was ever any huge plan for an arching storyline. But the humanity of House and even the staff brought us back.

And they didn't disappoint. And because of that, I don't feel cheated by it being cliche, which it was.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote