View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #50
Eastern Girl
Crushed

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilKiller View Post
I'm just amazed how much you two believe Cuddy was irrelevant. I think the show missing her SO much is one of the main reasons it's not coming back. They could have easily left them with no relationship or an ended relationship and the show would have been so much better for it.

While I'm not saying the show isn't about House and Wilson, I think Cuddy was that important as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Girl View Post
I'm not saying Cuddy was irrelevant, I just didn't miss her. Yes, she enabled House, but so did everyone else. And she's gone now and he still gets away with stuff. He strangled a man in the last episode. And what gets the cops attention? He stuffed tickets down a toilet. Vandalism = bad. Attempted murder = Who cares?

I think the show already didn't have much time left, whether Cuddy had stayed or not. The originals were leaving or gone already, some of the replacements had left. And I believe Hugh Laurie wanted out as well. It was time. It'll still suck to see it end, because I still think it's generally pretty solid.
I explicitly said that I didn't think she was irrelevant. I said that I did not miss her. I previously enjoyed their relationship in the show, but to me, it was killed when they got together. I would have preferred they never got together, after seeing what happened to that relationship within the context of the show.

I originally was disappointed when she left the show, but throughout the season, I found myself not missing her at all.

I agree about Foreman. He is no longer a character on the show, frankly. He occasionally comes into play, but not much. I liked his back and forth with House when they were trying to point out the similarities between them, especially when Foreman left the hospital and got into trouble for going against his new hospital's policies. I still remember the scene where he and House were in the elevator and they panned down to their shoes and they were wearing the same ones. It was clever. But that Foreman is gone.