View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 09:33 AM   #8
Flames in 07
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Ridiculous.

how is today different than 50, 100, 1000 years ago?

Horses die every year ALL over the place....but because these ones are bred and wanting to run and humans can enjoy them for that fact....it's somehow worse?

I was involved in the sport from the periphery many years ago as a part-owner. i will be the first to admit there is a small minority of people in the sport that abuse these animals to varying degress...they usually end up getting caught and are out of the game one way or the other because of it.

It's still a very noble sport for the most part and those animals are as beloved by their owners/trainers/riders/groomers as any other household pet.
I'm not alltogether sure what 50 years ago has to do with anything. If things are ok because they were ok 50 years ago then the earth would still be widely viewed as flat.

I've been involved on the periphery of chuckwagon races and same thing some people treat their horses well some don't, I just think that the development of a sport that includes non willing participants that can die from time to time just isn't right.

And for every injury or death that the fans see, there are a number of them behind the stands that nobody hears about.
Flames in 07 is offline   Reply With Quote