View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #80
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Lots of good news on the younger player front this year. Piette just got moved into the reserves for Fortuna Dusseldorf at 18, might see some first team minutes next year, Cavallini is already probably our best forward and as discussed Aleman and Aird in the squad can only be a good thing.

Re: Hoillett, I do think he is going to declare for Canada in the next cycle. His actions have been pretty pathetic but I wouldn't turn him down if he shows up. He is ineligible for England but was hoping to get called into that Great Britain Olympic squad last year which he was eligible for. After that it was Jamaica or Canada, Canada got eliminated and Jamaica advanced.

That he didn't play for Jamaica when they made the hex pretty much made clear that he never will, I don't think there will ever be a better time. In general soccer in Jamaica has been declining pretty badly in the last decade to the point where half their national team are now Brits with distant Jamaican heritage. Their country socially and economically has been suffering and their domestic league is probably worse than the CSL now.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote