View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 04:44 PM   #11199
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Sniper View Post
No, but I can show you the Stanley Cups he’s won.

The point is, Darryl isn’t some kind of offensive black hole. He coaches playoff style hockey, so it’s not unusual to see scoring sometimes dip as a result. But overall, most of the skaters on this team have been very productive.

Also, it wasn’t Sutter’s decision to bring in 2 shinny style hockey players on a team filled with checkers? It’s like trying to mix oil and water together; of course it was going to be a difficult transition.

This has been a question for GMs since forever. Can skilled players adjust their game when the game changes in the playoffs and so far, Huberdeau has played 56 playoff style games and its been a major struggle for him to adjust.

That recent NYR game was probably the closest, but it can’t just be a one off. His agent isn’t going to be there to fire him up for every game. Huberdeau just needs to consistently bring the work boots every game instead of once in a blue moon. It’s on him, he showed he can do it, it’s just a matter of his will.
So moving the goal posts?

Sutter is a offensive black hole coach look at the numbers outside that one season. Bottom ranked offences banking on goaltending to go far.

The guys who left couldn't play playoff hockey either. I know you had it in for Huberdeau since he came here and Johnny was some Hall of famer that left but those two did nothing in the playoffs.

I guess what coach Q did wasn't good enough although it got him 3 cups in Chicago.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote