Old 02-16-2020, 02:55 PM   #5
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
First, some definitions:

ETL (Elite Top-Line): "Generational talent"
TL (Top-Line): Top-Line player. "Legit #1F", if you will.
T6 (Top-Six): A second-line player that is good enough to fill in on the top line.
M6 (Middle-Six): A third-line player that is good enough to fill in on the second line.
B6 (Bottom-Six): Third and fourth line players that are not good enough to fill in on the second line.

Now look at Calgary's roster, and see if we can put anything together comes close to matching any of the three combinations that have won the last three Cups.

TLs
Tkachuk

T6s
Gaudreau
Monahan
Lindholm

M6s
Backlund
Mangiapane
Ryan

B6s
Bennett
Dube
Jankowski
Lucic
Rieder
Rinaldo
I get what your saying, but I think you're being overly harsh on the assessment of the Flames. If Tkachuk is a TL, then so are Gaudreau and Lindholm. Especially Gaudreau. He's not having a good season by his standards, but he's still likely gonna put up at least 65 points or so.

The point your trying to make I think, is that the Flames lack enough T6 talent overall. There's not a ETL to bring up a line by themselves season in, season out, and there's not enough TLs/T6s to compensate. The only player I would put in the T6 category is Monahan. Managipani may also be the only player in the M6. Backlund is moreso B6 these days, despite his hot streak right now. So overall, there's not enough offensive talent from the middle six and up on the roster based on the stats.

It's possible though that there actually could be some more middle six talent on the roster, but coaching isn't tapping in to it. Players like Dube and even Bennett could be players within that role, but they need to get placed into more offensive situations, by having PP time, and offensive oriented linemates. Dube at least has been getting PP time now due to the injuries that have occured.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post: