View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 08:30 PM   #455
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
"When he doesn't come in and put up an 84 point season, I think we can start mocking players' eating habits" is silly, imo, especially since it isn't mocking, that's just hyperbole. If he could potentially be a 100 point player at his full potential you're saying "whatever, 84 points is plenty"?

If course not, you just don't want to hear anything about it. Which is fine I guess, but becoming more and more commonplace on CP.
If you want to complain about his play on the ice, I have no problem, but this argument is just silly.

"If he just took his diet and conditioning seriously, he could be a 100 point player"

He's not a 100 point player. He's not McDavid. He's not Ovechkin. He's not Crosby He's not in that class. He's a $6.5 million player who performs above his pay level.

He's out best forward and it's not close. He has performed it since he entered this league on this team. He just came off his best season.

So when we ridicule our best players for their eating habits, it's embarrassing. It makes Canadian fans look like entitled and childish. It's that kind of ridicule that makes players avoid playing on Canadian teams. It's that kind of ridicule that makes us shake our head 5 years down the road.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post: