View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 08:00 AM   #1068
jmac98
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitology View Post
If you've got Telus, I've got Pik TV for 2 years $5/month with a $5/month credit (so free) including 5 specialty channels then I added the sports package which includes all of the Sportsnet channels and TSN for $14/month.

It's a bit of a cop out to cutting the cord, but at least it's not traditional cable.
How is this working out for you? Any problems?
I am on Optik, and always have freezing/lagging on my upstairs tv. I’ve had techs over time and again who run all their tests and upgrade the box and do this and do that and the issue never resolves. My upstairs tv is wireless but I’ve got the booster thing and they swear the wireless service is strong, but every ‘x’ number of days the freezing returns then goes away, rinse lather repeat. My tv downstairs seems to work fine though it has in the past had the same freezing problems albeit not for some time. Internet otherwise seems fine as well.

It just seems it’s the Optik tv that isn’t working for me. I was considering changing to Shaw as perhaps it would solve the freezing aspect which is my only concern and to which Telus can’t fix after years of tech visits. I wonder though if this Pik tv idea may be an option. I only want the basic channels and sports as you noted. Maybe this is an option for me in staying with Telus and keeping the handful of (live) channels I seek.

Any feedback from yourself, or anyone else reading this?

Thanks everyone.
jmac98 is offline   Reply With Quote