View Single Post
Old 11-06-2023, 09:18 AM   #106
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
It's getting really difficult to find somebody to do this and the last guy that came in it seems like he didn't really want to fish anything through the walls so much as just drill. I feel like I'm going to have to settle on a mesh solution with things that can plug into it and get like one of the brand new orbis maybe
Maybe DIY one or two lines? That way you can have a hardwire backbone to the furthest mesh node(s).

If fishing quite a distance, instead of "aiming in the dark", cut a hole somewhere innocuous (ie: closet) etc. to search for where the line should be so that you can find it and guide it. Then when you're done, use a plastic access panel cover to cover it up if you don't want to do patching. Seriously, it's worth it. Dropping it from a higher level towards the bottom level also makes it easier than trying to go upwards.

The dude that did mine electrical taped the first foot or two of the cable to the rods he was fishing with and pushed it down that way. Pushing it down two stories blind, it took him something like 3+ hours for the first line. He told me that although he was charging me hourly, it was soul sucking. After discussions, I authorized two access panels and from that point on, it took like 30-45 per line. It took him the same time to pull 5 lines with access panels to keep track of the line than it did for him to blindly pull a single line.

I mean you could buy a mesh node and just jack up the transmission power, but hardwire backbone really shows it's efficacy when done in situations that really need it.
DoubleF is online now   Reply With Quote