View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 05:25 PM   #30
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Tell me more about over seeding

i get my yard aerated in the fall. once that's done just load up a bunch of seed in the fertilizer spreader and have at it. once the seed is down water a bunch - it helps get the seed in the aeration holes and helps break down all the 'pellets' pulled up during aeration.

this method was recommended to me by the guys at 'weedman'. it seems to work. yard usually looks pretty good until kelowna gets to the scorching hot part of summer and we have watering restrictions.

Quote:
Lawn overseeding
Give your lawn thicker growth, better color, and greater resistance to disease and drought!

What is overseeding?

Overseeding is the planting of grass seed directly into existing turf, without tearing up the turf, or the soil. It’s an easy way to fill in bare spots, improve the density of turf, establish improved grass varieties and enhance your lawn’s color.
If a lawn looks old, or just “worn out,” if it needs growing amounts of water and fertilizer to thrive, or is disease or insect prone, it’s a perfect candidate for overseeding.