View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 07:19 PM   #111
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I have no issue with people saying Smith has been really bad, because he has. Unless of course it's completely off topic. I don't have issues with complaints about a soft goal.

I do have issues with complaining about every goal, when usually they are the same as go in against Rittich or other goalies without complaint. Example - the complete fluke deflection going to a player sitting at the back door last time he played. I'm not saying he gets the benefit of the doubt. He doesn't. But a good goal is a good goal.

I guess the point is, if it's a goal where people say "no chance for Rittich" how can we complain of Smith lets it in?
I agree with this but it's also not so cut and dry. Almost every goal that gets scored can be debated about whether the goalie could have saved it. And ultimately a big difference between good goalies and bad ones is how many difficult saves they make.

SO yeah Smith lets in some stinkers which is obviously a problem. But I don't think all goalies are created equal on all other shots either.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote