View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 01:25 PM   #3869
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
So, here's a question that is nagging me a bit. If I purchase the tickets for a flight for myself, wife, 2 kids. How do I get all of the miles for that flight? It seems like I am not able to collect the miles for the wife and kids. I tried this with Flying Blue, ANA, and Aeroplan. I feel like I am missing something here, but when I enter in my information for the rewards programs for each family member, it doesn't let me. I think ANA has a "family" program. Do I actually need to get a card for each family member and then combine the rewards points later?
Unfortunately you can't collect miles from someone else's ticket. The accounts are tied to individuals. At least with Aeroplan they are. I'm pretty sure it's the same way with most airline miles/rewards programs, but there might be exceptions.

Airline rewards programs generally make it pointless to try and transfer your miles to someone else for the purpose of combining the miles, by charging expensive fees.

You can however, redeem your miles for airfares in anyone else's name that you want.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is online now   Reply With Quote