View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 05:13 PM   #1487
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So after taking a break and updating my video card I decided to jump back into SWTOR. I have like 16 characters in the game, but decided to just jump in and check on the changes.

I have to admit I really like the onslaught expansion, though its a bit short. Its focused around the end of the war. If you and your alliance are on the side of the empire the missions revolve around destroying a republic ship yard and there are two planets and a flashpoint. Onderon as a planet is outright beautiful, but at times it does challenge the engine a bit. Mek sha is a floating asteroid base, but is fairly cool. The flashpoint takes place on Corellia. If your republic your job is to prevent the destruction of the Sith attack. However the fact that you can play the role of sabateur and betray your choosen alliance is quite cool and leads to a real key decision.

Once you complete the mission it opens up a whole new set of daily missions.

Some new changes

The level cap has gone from 70 to 75.

The armoring system has been changed in terms of being able to get higher gear up to 306 no matter what activities you enjoy. You're not limited to flashpoints or operations to get the higher gear, though it might take some time to get there.

They've replaced the leveling system after 75 with renown, which will drop tech boxes containing armor and other goodies after each level achieved.

The primary end game currency is tech fragments, again no matter what you do you can collect these fragments and turn them in for items like armor shells that can give you some pretty wicked set bonuses.

As well Crafting has been over hauled, but crafting end game gear can be really expensive in terms of the required materials.

Overall its a nice little expansion and game change with the next update being a new stronghold on Alderaan, as well there are more story expansions coming.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote