View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 12:06 AM   #1407
snootchiebootchies
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
I was out in the old neighborhood on the weekend, and it reminded me of Captain Cooks fish & chips at Memorial and 52nd. Ten year old me thought fish and chips wrapped in newspaper was the best "treat" dinner my parents could ever bring home.

Atlas Pizza sponsored my dad's old timers hockey team back then, lots of memories of that place. Amazed that it is still going to this day.
I loved that Captain Cooks. When my sister and I were ages 10 and 9, my mom gave us money to eat at Captain Cooks by ourselves. We felt like big kids, ordering and paying for our food without any adult supervision.

That strip mall was great. West of Captain Cooks was a Mac's convenience store, and there was a Gondola Pizza where that Job Site 2 pub is located. Beside Gondola Pizza was a Pic-a-Pop. The only constant at that strip mall across these many decades are the Royal Bank and the laundromat.

On the NW corner of 52nd St and Memorial Drive is another small strip mall. There was a Canada Trust Branch located where the dental clinic is now. That was where I opened my first bank account. And there was also this great sub/donair shop located near the middle of that strip where I spent many hours playing Galaga.
snootchiebootchies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snootchiebootchies For This Useful Post: