View Single Post
Old 02-04-2024, 06:03 AM   #1
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Help with Italy itinerary please

My wife and I are going to travel to Europe in May. It'll be a whirlwind trip and we will have about 4 days in Italy before traveling to the next country to meet friends where there will be a fixed itinerary.

We've never been to Italy before and other than Venice, my wife doesn't have many other must do for Italy.

We planned on making Milan the base for that leg of the trip. Some friends will be in a nearby port city a few hours away, but we don't think we'd meet up with them for maybe more than a day.

We plan on doing a day trip to Venice and maybe hit up smaller towns or something on the way over/on the way back. We wouldn't mind hitting Florence and Pisa unless a better idea replaces it. We don't feel excitement about attractions in Rome and it feels a bit aggressive as a day trip from Milan. We'd rather use that day for Milan/rest day and maybe some other ideas unless something really must do in Rome piques our interest. Remaining day would be the port city/Milan and mostly wine/dine and hang out/chill out vs attractions.

Thoughts?

My wife and I can be pretty aggressive travelers and power through 5+ itinerary things in a day over 8-10 hours. But we also like to have semi chill days too with 1-3 things and just see how things go.

Any other advice about Italy in general would be welcomed.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: