Thread: [OOT] March 14 with ten games!
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 11:19 PM   #84
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
I think cooper and trotz have a better case than Peters and tocchett.

What Tampa has done this year has been remarkable. Shouldn’t discredit a coach of the year because he has a good team. He has taken a good team and made them so much better than anyone else in the league.

Tampa is 18 points up on the second place team in the league. Teams 2 thru 17 are separated by the same amount. That’s ridiculous.

Cooper for Jack Adams. Trotz the runner up. Peters or tocchett in third place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
I was totally wrong about Peters as he has blown my expectations out of the water, however I don't even thinks he makes top 3 with Cooper, Trotz and Tocchet.
Mea Culpa - Flames bias for sure...

but Calgary was 2nd overall...and is currently 3rd/4th... that's impressive for a team that couldn't even make the playoffs last year.

i neglected to put Trotz on the top of the list, and really, a lot of folks had Trotz and Peters at the top for long stretches this year for the Jack Adams...Cooper is an interesting question though as TB has had a great roster for years and has been good for years - i think he gets overlooked due to the talent on that roster, unfairly.

Tocchet is the proverbial darkhorse making a late run in the stretch...

If i had a vote, assuming AZ makes it in, I would have Trotz, Tocchet, Peters and Cooper.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote