View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 08:56 AM   #8
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

The recent publicity around this show got me doing some reading about Jackson and watching videos of performances and interviews on Youtube. I know it's a bad idea to read the comments on Youtube... but man, there are so many deluded people out there. All of the most popular comments - comments liked by thousands - deny he did anything to these kids. They also deny that he whitened his skin or had plastic surgery in an effort to dramatically change his appearance.

I remember what a sensation Jackson caused when Thriller broke - I was 13 when his legendary Motown 25 performance was broadcast, and it was my generation's Beatles on Ed Sullivan Show moment. But I never really knew much about the guy until my bout of reading and watching interviews in the last few days. What a messed up childhood and life this guy had. By the time he was 16 or 17 he was a stew of pathologies. Celebrity is so toxic.

I'm not sure these guy's parents knew what was going on. But people in Jackson's camp must have known.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post: