View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 08:08 PM   #2822
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I actually expect Lucic to get some reps throughout the lineup, including the top line. I mean, it literally can't be any worse than giving Neal some reps on the top line last season, right?

I do expect Lucic to primarily stick to the 4th line - maybe the 3rd line. Bottom 6 for sure, at any rate. However, with Peters and his famous 'blender', I just think you will see Lucic on the top line once in a while. I am actually curious to see how he does when given a bit of rope there.

What I am most interested in is if Peters is really going to stick Lindholm at centre. That will leave a rotating spot on the top line - Bennett, Mangiapane, Dube, Frolik (if he is still here), Lucic.. maybe even Tkachuk, though I didn't like the look of that line while he was on it.

Either way, I am betting that Lucic hits at least 20 points this year (he will at least match last year's totals as the Oilers score less, and his linemates were unquestionably worse last year). How much opportunity he ends up getting will come about from how well he ends up doing and also how badly Gaudreau is being targetted by opposing teams on a game-by-game situation. I think Lucic's speed will surprise some people on here - it is an upgrade over Neal's.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote