View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 12:30 AM   #38
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I won't pick who is better between Monahan and Barkov. Both sides have good arguments.

What I do think is that injury time simply shouldn't be shrugged-off as nothing. That is time away from the team that would otherwise go in helping the team win a game. Who knows? Maybe Monahan is really good at playing through injuries (he was while playing in these last playoffs, and he did well).

My thoughts are that they are both really good players. Monahan is so underrated because "Gaudreau makes Monahan great". I would love to split Gaudreau and Monahan up as I really think Monahan can thrive away from Gaudreau and do more to drive possession himself. I think he is so underrated and under-appreciated.

As for the methodology - I don't have a problem with it. The one thing about advanced stats that I love is how it SHOULD remove bias. Too many twerps end up using it to prove their existing bias with the data, rather than include more data. At least this author kept it consistent throughout the league.
Calgary4LIfe is online now   Reply With Quote