View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 06:43 AM   #52
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post
However, it's not like Alberta isn't full of people with an obvious chip on their shoulder that will look for any excuse to bash another province to make themselves feel better about their decisions *cough* this thread *cough*. Whether it's transfer payments, pipelines, Trudeau or BC the list of Alberta grievances is rich and storied and an Albertan will never tire of bringing them up whenever possible.
While some of this is true some is not. Alberta bashes BC because they bash us. Alberta bashes Ottawa because Alberta feels like they get the short end of the stick at times more than any other province. I know many people from BC and when they come here I never criticize BC but when you are in BC and they find out you are from Alberta there's a good chance of an incoming anti-O&G tongue lashing. I just don't think BC people realize just how obnoxious that is. I've never been a blind homer and don't think Alberta is special or anything as I've been on record here several times saying how bad Calgary's weather is and how much I don't like it. I've been critical that Calgary has turned into the the city of "can't do". The thing about Albertans is that we are by far the hardest workers in the country and we feel we get treated like Canada's money tree and there is merit there so the last thing you want to hear when you are in BC is being told how bad your province is.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote