View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 11:49 AM   #1
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default Calgary Green Compost Bin Program

I am curious as to how everyone is finding their use of the green compost bins progressing after a few months of use? Initially, our household was filling the green bin at a rate of about 50% full until the snow started to fly. Now we are filling the bin to no more than 20% capacity at best. I attribute this drop entirely to the lack of grass clippings, pruning and other yard related waste but do find weekly pickup to be completely unnecessary. I now find that our actual garbage waste is only slightly less than what it was prior to the green bins coming into play and yet the black bin is only picked up on a bi-weekly rate now.

The city conveniently announced a few weeks ago that Calgarians have cut landfill waste in half without mentioning this 50% drop in actual garbage collection! Am I alone here or does it not seem like the program needs some tweaking to adjust for useless pickups of nearly empty green bins around the city and constantly overflowing black bins up and down city streets?

Last edited by Hot_Flatus; 12-01-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Hot_Flatus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hot_Flatus For This Useful Post: