View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 10:27 AM   #17
Berger_4_
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_baby_burn View Post
Growing up on a ranch I think my attitude and experience with this might be different from the majority of people who post here. For instance you get exposed to death at a very young age. From finding the still body of your fathers faithful cow dog who was older than you. To finding the still body of a sick orphaned calf that you have been bottle feeding for a few weeks.

I think the most important thing to consider is what is best for the animal. It can be hard to let go and it can be hard to break your kids heart. But if you really love your pet, do the right thing and end its suffering. (considering that is the case, not judging the OP since I'm not a 100% familiar with his dogs condition).
Yeah, growing up on the farm, death is just a part of life. A few years ago we had to put down our one dog, who'd been with me since grade one, and was actually older than me since we got her as a rescue. But she had cancer really bad and you could tell she was starting to suffer. Sure it's tough to put down your dog but when they start to suffer, I think it's time to let them go. To be honest, I would only go the drug route if it could cure the dog's ailments. I realize you love your dog and all but do you really want it to have it all drugged up for the last bit of it's life?

If you took a burger off the grill and slapped it on your face, I'm pretty sure it would burn you. - kermitology
Berger_4_ is offline   Reply With Quote