View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 10:27 AM   #548
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
I'd put Read in for Parisse. Parisse was great but the timing just doesn't match up for me. Read was better for the whole 2010s and their peak was similar. Parisse's best was 07-11. To balance out the Kiwis, I'd agree with the Whitelock and Jones swap.

I'm split on Murray and Smith. Smith has definitely been more consistent, but Murray at his best deserves to be there.

I'd also swap out Ben Smith for Beauden Barrett. The guy was just too good to not be on the list. If only because he holds the humorous distinction of having that stretch of undoubtedly being the best player in the world without being the best fly half or fullback in the world.

I think you'd definitely need a sub for North ready to go. But it's actually kind of remarkable how long he's stuck around with the injuries he's had. Wingers have had better stretches (Julian Savea in 2014-15 probably as dominant as it could get, but the rest of the decade leaves a lot to be desired) but just flares here and there.
Fair comment on Barrett, I forget how longer he has been around, and 89 caps before hitting 30 is amazing.

Reid was good but had tonnes of help. Parisse would make any nation's team. He was far and away the best Italy produced. Racking up 149 caps is just other worldly regardless of what nation.

I would take Smith at half-back all day long, and he continues to improve.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote